FAQ FOR LIVING ROOM HOSTS
Interested in hosting a living room show? Here’s how it works:
1. You have a house, apartment, studio or other space that can comfortably and safely host 25-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. Outdoors can work as well, but it's a good idea to have a plan for weather. Feel free to ask either way. As a host, we'll make this as easy as possible for you. All you have to do is let your favorite artist borrow your space for a couple of hours, check names off the list at the door, and enjoy the show. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends, a great night of music and eternal gratitude.
2. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance and, more importantly, want everyone to stay safe and have feel very comfortable during the performance. There needs to be decent parking or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a shame if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with difficult neighbors and landlords.
3. Tickets to the event are a donation of $20 to the artist. Guests must buy these tickets in advance online. No tickets will be sold at the door. Your address and information will not be published online. The specific location of the Living room show is only sent with purchased tickets. In this light, all tickets sales are direct to fans from canyontickets.com and from our artists website and facebook. This protects both the artist and the host. Ultimately, living room shows are about finding a great way to directly support the artists you love.
4. We'll provide our hosts with a list of everyone coming to the show. Our host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm on the ticket.
5. Our hosts get 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them to buy tickets on-line.
6. The shows will be promoted on our artists websites, Facebook and Twitter and by word-of-mouth. We'll need your help to spread the word on your social media too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Because there is really no other advertising, it's basically just you and the artist telling everyone about the event.
7. You don’t need any sort of sound system.
8. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great. But most shows are floor seating and guests will be reminded they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. Please make sure you have the rights to host a private party in your place before hosting. These shows are always conducted in a manner to take care of our hosts and their property and to make sure that everyone has a good time and stays safe. In that light, we ask everyone to treat each other with care and respect and to make sure there are safe exits from the show space.
If all this sounds good to you and you want to host a show,
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put LIVING ROOM SHOW along with your CITY or TOWN in the subject line and let us know which artist and tour you are writing in about. If you can, it's always great to get a few photos of your space as well.
Please let us know your address and the amount of people you can have in your home so we know how many tickets to sell.
Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book a show at your place.
After we have all our shows for a tour sorted, we will announce the dates and tickets will go on sale here, on the artist's website, and on social media. From there, everyone at Canyon Tickets will make sure all goes smoothly and everyone has a great time. Look forward to hearing from you.